Mission West Virginia, Inc., seeks a Family Liaison to in our Putnam County office to guide potential foster/adoptive families through the certification process and assist in recruiting new foster and adoptive families. The Family Liaison will serve as the first responder to individuals interested in adoption or foster care. Their primary goal is to encourage and support families through the process of adopting or fostering and ensure the process is efficient, timely and of quality. Additionally, the Family Liaison will be responsible for seeking out opportunities to recruit new foster families through community presentations, special events, and media outreach.
- Bachelor degree in a human service field required, licensed social worker preferred.
- Working knowledge of the foster care system strongly preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with other team members and partnering agency.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Networking skills and ability to seek out community connections.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic and social groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work independently and as a team member.
Fulltime position, based in Hurricane, WV.
Some statewide travel required. Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
Send resume and cover letter describing experience or inquiries to email@example.com or by mail to 168 Midland Trail, Suite 1, Hurricane, WV 25526. Applications will be processed until the position is filled.